Do you want to create a additional useful outdoor space?
Is your roof is not suitable for Solar PV panels?
Our timber pergolas, with a up to 18 panels, c.7.2KWp modular structures could be the solution to your needs. You can use the space for a wide range of uses, from parking the car, to being an outdoor entertainment space while at the same time generating solar power to lower your electricity costs by c.€2,000 per year. This innovative, elegant pergola is available in a range of sizes to suit any site, allowing you to enjoy your outdoor space while lowering your electricity bill.
There are several reasons why a family without a suitable rooftop should invest in a pergola structure with solar PV panels on it:
- Maximising Energy Production: A pergola with solar PV panels can be placed in a location that is optimal for energy production, even if the home’s rooftop is not suitable. The pergola can be oriented and angled in a way that allows for maximum sun exposure, leading to increased energy production.
- Increased Property Value: A well-designed and well-built solar pergola can increase the value of a home. This is because solar panels are an attractive and environmentally-friendly feature that can be a selling point for potential buyers.
- Versatility: A solar pergola can be designed to be used for more than just energy production. It can also provide shade, privacy, and a comfortable outdoor living space.
- Reduced Energy Costs: By generating their own electricity, a family can reduce their energy bills and save money in the long run. This can be especially beneficial in recent times where electricity prices are high.
- Environmental Benefits: Solar energy is a clean and renewable source of energy, which means that it doesn’t produce harmful emissions that contribute to climate change. By investing in a solar pergola, a family can reduce their carbon footprint and help protect the environment.
Overall, a solar pergola can be a smart investment for those of you looking to maximise energy production, increase property value, and reduce your energy costs while also doing your part for the environment.
Our structure is available in a range of sizes, from 5×2 panel layouts to larger 9×3 panel sizes. Each solar panel is normally c.1.75m long X c.1.1m wide. The structure itself is normally bolted to a concrete base. As part of the standard kit, we can deliver and install to almost anywhere in Ireland. The kit comes fully installed by our team and an electrical commissioning service is available on request at an additional fee.
The uprights are made of treated 6” X 6” Douglas Fir posts and the purlins from c18 treated timber. All structures come with additional strengtheners in galvanised steel and come with full CE certification.
The kit should save you around €2000 per year in electricity costs. It generates around 6000KWh of clean, green electricity per year and c. 300KGs of carbon emissions are avoided.
The fully installed standard kit includes:
- A heavy-duty CE certified timber frame with additional galvanised steel truss sections
- Solar panels
Optional extras include:
- Preparation of groundworks
- Supply of electrical equipment – Inverter, switches, cabling, etc.
- Electrical commissioning of the system
Get in touch with us to discuss these extra elements.
Bí linn ar an dturas chuig timpeallacht níos fearr, ní neart go cur le chéile.